Fall Semester Ancient Greek Classes
Registration for Fall Semester courses is now open! Reserve your seat now with a 25% deposit, and pay the rest later. Registration closes August 13th.
ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session. Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis.
Whether you are interested in Koine or Classical Greek, this course is for you. It will give you the foundation you need whichever dialect of Ancient Greek you wish to pursue. We will make use of the outstanding book Athenaze, a graded reader that allows the student to learn much of the Ancient Greek language through context alone, as well as a cutting-edge interactive digital textbook. The digital textbook is included with the price of tuition. After completing this course, students will move on to Ancient Greek 102, which will prepare them for our Intermediate sequence.
- Cost: $850
- Course Details:
- Sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 session per week
- Weekly office hours – no appointment necessary
- Course lasts 15 weeks
- Begins week of August 30th
This is the next class in the Beginner sequence, after Ancient Greek 101. You must be enrolled in or have already completed Ancient Greek 101 in order to register for Ancient Greek 102.
After completing Ancient Greek 102, students will move onto Ancient Greek 201.
Intermediate Ancient Greek I
Ancient Greek 201
Have you studied Greek grammar but find it almost impossible to read Greek texts? We can fix that. In this course you will successfully read over a thousand pages of engaging Greek. After completing Greek 201, students will move on to Greek 202, which will prepare them for our Advanced sequence.
Sign-up page coming soon!
Interested in one-on-one instruction? Do you have a particular course of study you’d like to follow? Have a unique schedule that requires odd meeting times for class hours? Our Tutorials exist in order to meet the needs of any student at any Ancient Greek skill level, from Beginner to Expert levels. We can focus on Attic Greek, Koine Greek, or cover both, depending on your preference.
- Cost: $1,250
- Ancient Greek Tutorial Details:
- Sessions last 1 hour
- 15 total sessions
- Customize the schedule and curriculum according to your needs
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a semester basis.
- Fall: August – December
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: June – July
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Doodle poll to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI professors. Learn Ancient Greek from anywhere. All you need is a wifi connection and computer enabled with microphone and video.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you absolutely love your Ancient Greek class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Greek class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.
Not Ready to Register?
Send us an inquiry! Ask a question! Send us a Greek phrase you’re struggling with!