Full-service Latin curriculum & instruction for middle to high school students
Yes, your kids can learn Latin.
Do you want your children to learn Latin? Are you looking for a homeschool Latin curriculum? Your classical school’s Latin program just not cutting it? Does your child need Latin tutoring – or are you looking for extra enrichment for your student? Don’t know where to start with all the Latin curriculum reviews?
Let us take care of it.
The Ancient Language Institute is the leader in online Latin teaching. We use the best materials and have pioneered the use of the latest insights from second language acquisition research in order to help your child learn Latin without the tears.
This is the full-service Latin curriculum and instruction program you have been looking for.
We’re so happy you’re here.
Drop the grammar charts. Drop the gimmicks.
The point of learning Latin is to learn how to read Latin books. Too many Latin programs and homeschool curricula either drill your kids in memorizing declension tables or distract them with entertaining gimmicks – and they never get to the real meat and potatoes: Sitting down and reading great Latin texts at length. No wonder, then, that more than anything else, what kids learn in Latin class is to hate Latin.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Your kids can have fun learning Latin, and they can actually make measurable progress.
How do we do it? The secret’s in the sauce. We call our approach to language teaching the “direct method,” inspired in large part by the insights of USC linguist Stephen Krashen, who has championed the concept of “comprehensible input” (large amounts of understandable communication in the target language) as the key to any language learning program.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a semester basis.
- Fall: August – December
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: June – July
- Class times are selected by parents. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Doodle poll to tell us your availability, and we’ll schedule your class accordingly. If we can’t find something that works for you, you get a 100% refund – guaranteed.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere. All you need is a wifi connection and computer enabled with microphone and video.
- We have separate tracks for middle school students and high school students. While they move at different paces, both tracks end up in the same place: Giving your student the tools to read Latin texts with ease.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you and your child absolutely love your Latin class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- Signing up with ALI is risk-free. We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.
Latin Classes for Middle and High School
In this course your student will learn Latin through engaging pictures, sentences, and short stories. No need to spend hours suffering through grammar charts and dry vocabulary lists that get you nowhere. Instead, you will begin listening to, understanding, speaking, reading, and laughing in Latin from the very first day of class. This course is designed particularly for middle school students. After completing Beginner Latin I (Middle School), students will move on to Beginner Latin II (Middle School).
This is the next class in the Middle School sequence. You must be enrolled in or have already completed Beginner I (Middle School) in order to register for this class.
After completing Beginner II (Middle School), students will move onto Beginner III (Middle School).
In this course your student will learn Latin through engaging pictures, sentences, and short stories. No need to spend hours suffering through grammar charts and dry vocabulary lists that get you nowhere. Instead, you will begin listening to, understanding, speaking, reading, and laughing in Latin from the very first day of class. This course is designed particularly for high school students. After completing Beginner Latin I (High School), students will move on to Beginner Latin II (High School).
This is the next class in the High School sequence. You must be enrolled in or have already completed Beginner I (High School) in order to register for this class.
After completing Beginner II (High School), students will move onto the Advanced Beginner sequence.
Latin for Kids
Many parents who are looking for a Latin homeschool curriculum or who are looking for a Latin for children program don’t know where to turn. There are tons of products on the market, but very little data or evidence that their approaches work. In fact, many classical education companies and Latin curriculum options sell students short: They don’t believe that kids can really learn to read Latin. That’s why they teach kids to memorize grammar tables or have them watch distracting, substance-free videos.
These vendors and educators don’t even believe in their own Latin teaching mission.
But we do. We know your child can learn Latin – because we have seen other kids learn it, over and over again.
So connect with us and our specially designed Latin for kids, full-service program. All you have to do is sign up, work with us to schedule a meeting time, and watch your student learn.
Not Ready to Register?
Send us an inquiry! We’re happy to chat more about what our Latin curriculum & instruction program will look like for you and your student.