Registration for Beginner Latin is open. Pay 25% now to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. Registration closes December 18th.
Advanced Latin I (L301): Spring Term
Ancient Rome Track
Ready to read Latin as the Romans wrote it? Using the Roma Aeterna text, this course will begin with Rome’s legendary origins to the end of the Republic. Your guides to Roman history will be Vergil, Livy, Ovid, Cicero, and Sallust (and more)! As you read about the adventures of Aeneas, the Punic wars, and other key events in Roman history, you will learn 3,000 new vocabulary terms. After completing Latin 301, students will continue into Latin 302, a continued exploration of Roman history through primary sources.
- Cost: $725
- Advanced Latin Details:
- Class sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 class session per week
- Course lasts 14 weeks
- Begins week of January 9th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis
Q: Is this the right course for me?
A: ALI students who have successfully completed Intermediate Latin 202 are automatically eligible for admission into Latin 301. We also welcome, of course, students who have begun their Latin education elsewhere. Anyone enrolling in Latin 301 should be able to read the entirety of Familia Romana, Fabulae Syrae, and Epitome Historiae Sacrae with ease and enjoyment. Feel free to reach out to us if you are unsure about which class is right for you.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a trimester basis.
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Doodle poll to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you absolutely love your Latin class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.