Intermediate Latin II
Registration for Intermediate Latin II is open. Pay 25% now to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. Registration closes on April 15th.
Intermediate Latin II (L202): Summer Term
In this course you will continue to read tons of engaging Latin. We will finish reading the Greco-Roman mythology text, Fabulae Syrae begun in L201, which concludes with numerous selections from Ovid’s poetic masterpiece, Metamorphoses. We will also be reading the Roman poet Phaedrus’ verse adaptations of Aesop’s Fables. As in Intermediate Latin I (201), class discussions and explanations will primarily be conducted in Latin, with occasional asides in English, as needed. After completing Latin 202, students can enroll in Latin 301, the beginning of the Advanced sequence, in which students will plunge into Virgil’s Aeneid.
- Cost: $725
- Intermediate Latin II Details:
- Class sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 class session per week
- Course lasts 14 weeks
- Summer term runs May 7th – August 12th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis
Please note: You must either be enrolled in or have already completed Latin 201 to enroll in Latin 202.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a trimester basis.
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
- Latin 202 will be split into two different sections.
- L202 Section A will meet on Mondays, 4:30pm – 6pm PDT (San Francisco)
- L202 Section B will meet on Saturdays, 7:45am – 9:15am PDT (San Francisco)
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you absolutely love your Latin class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.