Intermediate Latin II
Registration for Intermediate Latin II is open. Registration closes on December 16th.
Intermediate Latin II (L202): Spring Term
In this course you will continue to read tons of engaging Latin. We will finish reading the Greco-Roman mythology text, Fabulae Syrae begun in L201, which concludes with numerous selections from Ovid’s poetic masterpiece, Metamorphoses. We will also be reading the Roman poet Phaedrus’ verse adaptations of Aesop’s Fables. As in Intermediate Latin I (201), class discussions and explanations will primarily be conducted in Latin, with occasional asides in English, as needed. After completing Latin 202, students can enroll in Latin 301, the beginning of the Advanced sequence, in which students will plunge into Virgil’s Aeneid.
- Cost: $725
- Intermediate Latin II Details:
- Class sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 class session per week
- Course lasts 14 weeks
- Term runs January 7th – April 13th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis
- No refunds after week 4
Please note: You must either be enrolled in or have already completed Latin 201 to enroll in Latin 202.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a trimester basis.
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
- Latin 202 will be split into three different sections.
- L202 Section A will meet on Wednesdays, 4pm – 5:30pm PST (San Francisco)
- L202 Section B will meet on Fridays, 6am – 7:30am PST (San Francisco)
- L202 Section C will meet on Saturdays, 8:00am – 9:30am PST (San Francisco)
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, in weeks 2 – 4, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended. We cannot issue refunds after the fourth week of classes.