Beginner Latin: Latin 101
Whether you are interested in Classical or Ecclesiastical Latin writers, the first steps are the same. In this course you will be introduced to the core of Latin grammar and vocabulary – we will also read over 1,000 pages of Latin along the way! If you want to learn how to read Latin as a language, as opposed to a clunky form of English in need of decoding, this course is for you! After completing Latin 101, students will move on to Beginner Latin II (Latin 102), which will prepare them for our Intermediate sequence.
- Cost: $850
- Beginner Latin Details:
- Sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 session per week
- Course lasts 15 weeks
- Begins week of January 25th
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a semester basis.
- Fall: August – December
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: June – July
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Doodle poll to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you absolutely love your Latin class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.
Latin Course Progression
Check out all of ALI's Spring Semester Latin courses.
Not Ready to Register?
Send us an inquiry! Ask a question! Send us a Latin phrase you’re struggling with!