Registration for Beginner Latin is now open. Registration for Spring term will close on December 17th.
Beginner Latin I (L101): Spring Term
Whether you are interested in Classical or Ecclesiastical Latin writers, the first steps are the same. In this course you will be introduced to the core of Latin grammar and vocabulary – we will also read over one hundred pages of Latin along the way! If you want to learn how to read Latin as a language, as opposed to a clunky form of English in need of decoding, this course is for you! The cost of our interactive, digital textbook is included in the price of tuition. After completing Latin 101, students will move on to Beginner Latin II (Latin 102), which will prepare them for our Intermediate sequence.
- Cost: $850
- Beginner Latin I Details:
- Class sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 class session per week
- Course lasts 14 weeks
- Spring term runs Jan. 9th – Apr. 15th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds in weeks 2 – 4 done on a pro rata basis
- No refunds after week 4
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a trimester basis.
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Google Form to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, in weeks 2 – 4, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended. We cannot issue refunds after the fourth week of classes.