Expert Latin: DE CONIVRATIONE CATILINAE
Registration for L401 is open. Registration closes December 16th.
Expert Latin (L401): Spring Term
Sallustii De Coniuratione Catilinae
According to the historian Sallust, Lucius Catilina possessed strength of mind and body but an evil and depraved nature. In this course, we’ll be reading the entirety of Sallust’s account of the conspiracy led by this villain of the late Republic, and how Catiline was ultimately defeated and the Republic saved – for a time. This will allow us to closely examine the style of Sallust’s prose while also gaining a familiarity with the volatile character of late Republican Rome.
- Cost: $725
- Advanced Latin Details:
- Class sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 class session per week
- Course lasts 14 weeks
- Term runs January 7th – April 13th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis
Q: Is this the right course for me?
A: ALI students who have successfully completed L301 at ALI are eligible for L401. We also welcome, of course, students who have begun their Latin education elsewhere. Feel free to reach out to us if you are unsure about which class is right for you.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a trimester basis.
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Google Form to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, in weeks 2 – 4, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended. We cannot issue refunds after the fourth week of classes.