Beginner Latin II
Registration for Beginner Latin II is open. Pay 25% now to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. Registration closes August 13th.
Beginner Latin II (L102): Fall Term
Whether you are interested in Classical or Ecclesiastical Latin writers, the first steps are the same. In this course you will continue the grammatical and vocabulary work you began in Beginner Latin I (Latin 101). You will continue reading Lingua Latina: Familia Romana and Colloquia Personarum, and you will also continue to work through our digital interactive textbook. By the end of these books, you will have learned the entirety of the Latin grammatical system, over 1,800 Latin vocabulary words, and learned how to read, speak, and understand Latin as its own language – rather than as a code that needs translating into English first.
After completing Latin 102, students will move on to Latin 201, the first course in ALI’s Intermediate sequence, which gradually exposes students to un-adapted Latin primary texts.
- Cost: $850
- Beginner Latin II Details:
- Class sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 class session per week
- Course lasts 14 weeks
- Fall term runs September 4th – December 17th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis
Please note: You must either be enrolled in or have already completed Latin 101 to enroll in Latin 102.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a trimester basis.
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Google Form to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you absolutely love your Latin class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.