Beginner Latin II
Registration for Beginner Latin II is open. Registration for Spring term will close on December 17th.
Beginner Latin II (L102): Spring Term
Whether you are interested in Classical or Ecclesiastical Latin writers, the first steps are the same. In this course you will continue the grammatical and vocabulary work you began in Beginner Latin I (Latin 101). You will continue reading Lingua Latina: Familia Romana and Colloquia Personarum, and you will also continue to work through our digital interactive textbook. By the end of these books, you will have learned the entirety of the Latin grammatical system, over 1,800 Latin vocabulary words, and learned how to read, speak, and understand Latin as its own language – rather than as a code that needs translating into English first.
After completing Latin 102, students will move on to Latin 201, the first course in ALI’s Intermediate sequence, which gradually exposes students to un-adapted Latin primary texts.
- Cost: $850
- Beginner Latin II Details:
- Class sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 class session per week
- Course lasts 14 weeks
- Spring term runs Jan. 9th – Apr. 15th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds in weeks 2 – 4 done on a pro rata basis
- No refunds after week 4
Please note: You must either be enrolled in or have already completed Latin 101 to enroll in Latin 102.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a trimester basis.
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Google Form to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, in weeks 2 – 4, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended. We cannot issue refunds after the fourth week of classes.