Beginner Latin II
If you are currently enrolled in or have already completed Beginner Latin I, you are eligible to enroll in Beginner Latin II.
Registration is now closed. We are offering this course in an intensive format during the 2021 Summer Semester. To learn more and register, please visit this page.
Beginner Latin II: Latin 102
Whether you are interested in Classical or Ecclesiastical Latin writers, the first steps are the same. In this course you will continue the grammatical and vocabulary work you began in Beginner Latin I (Latin 101). You will continue reading Lingua Latina: Familia Romana and Colloquia Personarum, and you will also begin reading Fabulae Syrae as well as various Latin-language novellas. By the end of this course, you will have learned the entirety of the Latin grammatical system, over 1,800 Latin vocabulary words, and learned how to read, speak, and understand Latin as its own language – rather than as a code that needs translating into English first.
After completing Latin 102, students will move on to Latin 201, the first course in ALI’s Intermediate sequence, which gradually exposes students to un-adapted Latin primary texts.
- Cost: $850
- Beginner Latin II Details:
- Sessions last 1.5 hours
- 1 session per week
- Course lasts 15 weeks
- Begins week of January 25th
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis
Please note: You must either be enrolled in or have already completed Latin 101 to enroll in Latin 102.
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a semester basis.
- Fall: August – December
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: June – July
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Doodle poll to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you absolutely love your Latin class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.
Latin Course Progression
Check out all of ALI's Spring Semester Latin courses.
Not Ready to Register?
Send us an inquiry! Ask a question! Send us a Latin phrase you’re struggling with!