Beginner Latin - Intensive
Registration for the Beginner Latin: Summer Intensive is now open! Reserve your seat with a 25% deposit, and pay the rest later. Registration closes May 21st.
Beginner Latin I: Summer Intensive
Whether you are interested in Classical or Ecclesiastical Latin writers, the first steps are the same. In this course you will be introduced to the core of Latin grammar and vocabulary – we will also read over 1,000 pages of Latin along the way! If you want to learn how to read Latin as a language, as opposed to a clunky form of English in need of decoding, this course is for you! After completing Latin 101, students will move on to Beginner Latin II (Latin 102), which will prepare them for our Intermediate sequence.
This intensive class is not for the faint of heart: We’re packing an entire 15-week semester into our short, 8-week Summer Semester.
- Cost: $850
- Summer Intensive Details:
- Sessions last 2 hours
- 1 session per week
- Weekly office hours – no appointment necessary
- Course lasts 8 weeks
- Begins week of June 7
- ALI classes are completely risk-free: Get a 100% refund anytime before your second class session
- Refunds after the second class session are done on a pro rata basis
What You Need to Know
- Classes run on a semester basis.
- Fall: August – December
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: June – July
- Class times are selected by students. Once your registration is confirmed, we’ll send you a Google Doodle poll to choose your class time.
- Classes are live, online classes run by ALI Latin professors. Learn Latin from anywhere.
- Register now, pay a 25% deposit to reserve your spot, and pay the rest later. We want to make sure you absolutely love your Latin class before you pay for all the classes.
- You can skip the semester system. With one-on-one Tutorials, you can set up your own class schedule with an ALI professor.
- We want to make sure you’re completely satisfied. If you don’t love your first Latin class, we guarantee a 100% refund. After that, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis, based on however many class sessions you’ve attended.